- Capability to detect the full range of metal weapon threats even within body cavities.
- Met-Identity technology for Identification of Threat Composition. The most advanced Security Standards require detection of all ferrous and non-ferrous metal weapons and of those constructed in special non-magnetic alloys. The PMD2 Plus/EZHD detects firearms and knives of this type, even when they are hidden within body cavities, and accurately indicate the position of the threat, its intensity and its prevalent composition. Inspection personnel thereby acquire thorough knowledge of the metal item and can act, according to procedures, with maximum effectiveness and security.
- 60 pinpointing zones with high resolution & precision: 20 Vertical; 3 Lateral.
Unique Alarm Signalling:
- 4 Multi-Zone Display Bars, each programmable as entry Stop/Go and/or local alarm indication.
- High visibility of the control unit and the zone indication independent from the operator position and the installation environment. Accurate signaling is essential for best operation and flow management. The PMD2 Plus/EZHD provides the user with fully-programmable signaling. Both entry-points can indicate with a high level of accuracy, even simultaneously, the vertical and lateral areas of transit of the threats detected, and can also be configured as ’traffic lights’ to control transits through the detector.
- Flexible Acoustic Alarm Signaling System: 10 Continuous and Pulsed Tones; 34 Special Sounds
- 10 Acoustic Intensity Levels. A complete acoustic alarm system allows personalization of the alarm tones and intensities, with a wide choice of continuous, pulsed and special tones at different levels of intensity. The wide volume control dynamic allows operation even in very noisy environments.
- High Precision Transit Counter: In-Bound Transits; Out-Bound Transits; Alarm Rate; Automatic Compensation for repeated transits of the same person. The Metal Detector provides an automatic count of the people passing through the access point in both directions and the related nuisance alarm percentage.
- Cutting-edge discrimination technology allows personal effects to be ignored, creating rapid transit flow. The transit volume magnetic scanning system, invented by CEIA and applied since production of the first zonal Metal Detectors in 1986, allows state-of-the-art detection and discrimination results. The PMD2 Plus/EZHD has an extremely low nuisance alarm rate even at the strictest Security Levels requested today, and therefore allows high transit flow rates and the minimum need for intervention by inspection personnel.
Most Powerful and Versatile Security Features:
- Up to 50 built-in Security Programs: Up to 30 International Standards; Up to 20 Customizable Levels. Setting the Security Levels could not be easier and more versatile than in the PMD2 Plus/EZHD. Users can choose directly from the known International Standards or request implementation of a Standard personalized to their own requirements. Users can also create their own work program and save it in internal memory provided for the purpose.
- Chip Card system for fast, simple and secure parameter changes (i.e. alarm volume and tone, counter reading, etc...) and security level selection. One unique characteristic of the CEIA Metal Detectors is the chipcard system, which allows the Head of Security to set the Security Level quickly, reliably and without having to program the device in any way.
- Any security standard can be enhanced with selectable random alarm probability.
Extended communication capabilities including data networking for alarm and status supervision through wireless TCP /IP . The PMD2 Plus/EZHD can be fitted with the AP SiM2 Plus Wireless Network Module.
The APSiM2 Plus integrates a secure web server using state of the art SSL and WPA2 security protocols. The APSiM2 Plus can act to set up a local secure wireless network without requiring additional devices. The wireless network covers a 300ft wide area on open site conditions. Any authorized device capable of wireless connectivity and https browsing (such as tablet pc, smart phones and laptops) can access the following functionalities:
- Automatic monitoring of the self-diagnostics, battery level and security level of the installed PMD2 Plus/EZHD group.
- Visual representation of the transits flow through the PMD2 Plus/EZHD. The transits data is stored in the APSiM2 Plus for up one year and can be downloaded through date selection.
- One touch automatic installation (OTS). Innovative function assisting the installation through an automatic step-by-step procedure.
- Highly adaptable for installation in all environments.
- Automatic Compensation function to adjust for windy environments.
- Continuous self diagnostics assure monitored performance reliability.
- Upper tie-down points available for stabilization in case of strong winds (up to 25 mph).
- Industry Leader in Immunity against External Interferences. Exceptional immunity to environmental interferences makes the Metal Detector easy to use even when electrical noise is encountered.
- Superior CEIA reliability allows maximum ROI. The overall system is characterized by sturdy, reliable electronic and mechanical construction.
- No periodic re-calibration and preventive maintenance required.
- Monolithic construction, high degree of protection against dust and water, and high stability.
- Wide range of threat detection from guns to ½ cutter blade
- Automatic Environmental Noise Compensation (ENA)
- Excellent discrimination of personal metal effects
- Met-Identity technology identifies and signals the metal type in real time
- 60 localization zones (20 vertical x 3 lateral) with left, center and right indication
- High precision bidirectional counter with automatic rescreening compensation
- One touch automatic self installation (OTS)
- Chip Card capability for fast, simple, and secure programming
- Automatic Operational Functional Verification (OFV)
- Random alarm capability programmable from 0% to 100%
- Automatic Vibration Compensation (AVS,EVA)
- Exceptional Immunity to external interferences
- Automatic Channel Search (CS)
- Powered by safe low voltage DC
- Automatic Floor Gain Adjustment (FGA)
- Standard Interfaces: Bluetooth, Infrared
- Automatic Technical Functional Verification (TFV)
- Other available interfaces: Ethernet
- Continuous self diagnostic system
- Proven reliability
- No periodic re-calibration and preventive maintenance required
- No scheduled maintenance
- Fully digital design
Walk-Through Gate Structure:
- State-of-the-art, robust, washable and compact elliptical columns
- Protected against aging, weather and wear
- Visual signals
- Multi-zone display bar for “height on person” localization
- 4 light bars with selectable entry/exit and pacing indication
- Green and red metering signals proportional to the mass of the detected target
- Audio signals
- 10 selectable continuous and pulsed tone plus 34 special tones
- 10 selectable sound intensities ranging from 0 to 90 dbA at 1m
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.