The Hydra Ram is a unique hydraulic forcible entry tool. It was tested strenuously by FDNY's Research & Development Division for 11 months. Three (3) Hydra Rams were placed into the busiest Ladder and Rescue Companies in the boroughs of Bronx, Manhattan, and Brooklyn. Overwhelming approvals and recommendations for acceptance by these twelve companies were received to make the Hydra Ram their official hydraulic forcible entry tool. In 1993, during the test and evaluation, FDNY's Ladder Company 4 forced 109 doors during search and rescue operations at the World Trade Center bombing.
- Weighs: Hydra Ram II 13lbs
- Length 13" long
- 10,000 lbs.of force
- Spread Opening: Hydra Ram II 6-Inches
- The Hydra Ram is the first and only one piece integrated hydraulic forcible entry tool. No hoses or auxiliary pumps to leak or trip on.
- We boast that the Hydra Ram is truly a one man operation since the whole unit is in the hands of the user.
- Weighs only 11 lbs. (same as the Pro-Bar Halligan) and is 13 inches long.
- No worry about maintenance or leaking fluid. We use a patented process incorporating integral aircraft seals of triplex quality.
- Our hydraulic fluid is non-flammable, non-toxic and non-freezing.
- Special stainless steel of 220,000 tensile strength make up the jaws.
- To insure lightness, the body is of a special aluminum heat treated and hard anodized to a darkened color of tactical black.
- Special finger grips are attached for non-slip holding surface.
- 10,000 lbs. of force is presented at 138 lbs. of pumping to acquire 3/4 inch a stroke to a maximum thrust opening of 4 inches.
- The Hydra Ram can be placed in any position even upside down without any effect on its operation - a first in hydraulics.
- A heavy duty Cordura bag and mallet compliments the unit.
- For narcotics officers, the unit's unique size (13") and weight (11 lbs.) allows it to be carried under a coat like a hand weapon.
- While others take 30 to 40 pumps to gain full extension, the Hydra Ram does it in 8 pumps
- Comes in its own black carrying bag
- This unit is a one person operation - ideal for Fire Department, Police Departments, Tactical Operations, and Military for forcible entry.
- This unit is presently used by FDNY, NYPD Emergency Services, DEA, FBI, and many other fire, police emergency services and the Military.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.