Forj is a high strength, lightweight thermoplastic tape-ribbon that molecularly fuses to itself in a matter of seconds. Simply heat, press and repeat to repair tools, create custom grips, fix broken sports equipment and more. Once cooled, the self-bonding plastic hardens, creating a bond as strong as steel.
How It works
- 1. HEAT: Heat ribbon to 140°F or hotter to bend and mold Forj into desired shape. You can use hot water, a hair dryer, a heat gun, a microwave, open-flame or solar magnification.
- 2. SHAPE: Once Forj becomes clear, the resin is hot enough to be shaped and adhere to itself to form a bond. As it cools and solidifies, it returns to white.
- 3. FIX: Let your creation set for a few minutes. Once cooled, the lightweight material molecularly fuses to itself for a bond as strong as steel.
REHEAT & REPEAT
If adjustments or additions are desired, simply reheat Forj. Forj can be reheated and reformed several times
- STRONG AS STEEL - We mean that literally. A single ribbon of Forj boasts a tensile strength of over 1,000 lbs
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Forj is made from incredibly durable, lightweight materials, giving it a wide range of flexibility. 100 ft. of Forj weighs less than 1 pound.
- COMPACT - Forj is available in a convenient tin, making it easy to carry. Throw Forj in your backpack before an adventure or store in a toolbox for future use.
- MOISTURE RESISTANT - Forj’s base materials do not pick up any moisture and will remain waterproof.
- MALLEABLE & ADAPTABLE - Forj’s molecules decouple, allowing you to mold, shape, and form into any desired shape. When cooling, the molecules recouple to create a high strength bond at the molecular level!
- PAINTABLE - The chemical composition of Forj creates a surface that can be painted to match any desired color.
- EXCELLENT IN COLD WEATHER - Due to the nature of Forj’s polymers, the bond between molecules and layers gets stronger as the temperature drops.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.). .
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.