The PD140N is a Hand Held Metal Detector that combines high reliability and ergonomics with advanced detection and operator signaling features. Effective sensitivity to all metals, full compliance with the latest Security Standards and high immunity to external metal masses are among the main peculiarities of this new device.
- Advantages & Benefits
- Programmable Sensitivity
- Extended Continuous Operation Time
- Automatic Low Power Mode during Screening Pauses
- Embedded Long Life Rechargeable Batteries are renewable energy and wipe out Operation Cost of Alkaline Batteries
- Embedded Fast and Reliable Battery Charger: no need of batteries removal
- Dedicated Holder acts as Minimum Space Table Stand and Mains connection for Battery Charge
- Operator Functions can be standard or customized by the user through PC GUI and USB connection
Compact elegant, robust and ergonomic
The PD140N features a special ergonomic design consisting of an offset hand grip which ensures that the operator’s hand does not interfere with the sensitive detection area. This means fewer scans per person and therefore shorter inspection times per person.
Special care has gone into the mechanical design of the detector. Absence of sharp edges or corners allows the detector to be passed smoothly over the inspected area without getting caught in buttons, buckles, folds or other parts of clothing.
NIJ Standard 0602.02 compliant
The technical features of the detector comply with the NIJ standard 0602.02 and the new NIJ draft standard 0602.03. The PD140N has uniform sensitivity to magnetic and non-magnetic targets including those made of stainless steel. At the same time the detector offers excellent body-effect compensation and has high immunity to external disturbance from electromagnetic and mechanical sources.
Full digital design
The PD140N is fully digital. Electronic functions include an inspection field transmitter- receiver based on Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, a digital operator interface and external communications over the incorporated USB port. This design combined with a special printed antenna ensures top reliability and very high repeatability.
Advanced control panel
The control panel with switches and warning lights is made from high-thickness silicon guaranteeing high degree of protection to make the PD140N suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
Extended continuous operation time
The PD140N metal detector is powered by two AA-size NiMH batteries with a battery life of over 100 hours. A Low Power Mode is automatically activated during pauses, extending the battery life up to 200 hours. An internal circuit optimizes battery recharging which takes less than five hours.
Latest plastic materials technology
The metal detector casing is made from next-generation technical polymers. These plastics offer high chemical resistance and mechanical strength ensuring a long detector life even in heavy duty conditions.
Advanced configuration capability
The digital design of the new metal detector also enables the maximum flexibility in selecting the functions available to the user and how detection alarms are signalled. Users can keep the factory settings or connect the detector over its USB to a PC and then personalize the settings with a dedicated graphic interface (HHMD configuration tool required).
- Power Supply: 2x AA size NiMH, rechargeable batteries
- Fully customizable control panel:Optical, acoustic and vibratory alarm modes, 3-level sensitivity selection buttons
- Detection and operational functions: Customizable via HHMD Configuration tool
- Battery life: 100 + hours (AA NiMH batteries 2500 mAh); up to 200 hours with automatic sleep mode, Low battery indicator
- Built-in fast battery charger in combination with the HHDS Docking station
- Operating temperature: -40°F to 158°F
- Storage temperature: -40°F to 176°F
- Relative humidity: 0 to 98% (without condensation)
- Dimensions: PD140N: 14.2” x 3.2” x 1.6”
- HHDS Docking station: 6.9” x 4.5” x 3.4”
- Carry Bag: 17” x 13.4” x 4.1”
- PD140N (with battery): 0.86 lbs
- HHDS Docking station for PD140N (with power adapter): 1.6 lbs
- Carry Bag: 2.9 lbs
- Color: PD140N: light grey RAL 7040, Carry Bag: Green RAL 7013
- Manufactured: In grey shock-resistant technical polymers
- NIJ 0602.02 and NIJ 0602.03 (draft) Standards for metal detection
- International Standards currently applicable for safety, EMC and applicable CE regulations
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.). .
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.