Designed and built to deliver outstanding performance in low-light conditions, the Steiner Optics 8x56 T856r Tactical Binoculars combine multiple technologies and features to ensure bright, clear, and crisp views for tactical and surveillance applications. Speaking to their tactical use, this model comes with an in-view non-illuminated reticle specifically designed to enable fast and easy estimation of the range to, and size of, subjects.
Their performance starts with the combination of moderate magnification and oversized objectives. At 56mm, the objectives draw in the copious amounts of light required for seeing in low light, while the 8x power produces both a large exit pupil and wide angle of view. A wide exit pupil ensures that the light leaving the eyepieces completely covers your pupils when they are fully dilated in low light to take full advantage of the wide viewing angle. The optics are fully multi-coated with Steiner's proprietary lens coatings, which are engineered to maximize light transmission through the light path. All of these features, when coupled with the traditional Porro prism design and exceptional eye relief, give you an immersive observational experience defined by bright and clear high-contrast views and accurate color rendition. Winged eyecups conform to your face and eye sockets to block stray peripheral light and improve the contrast of the view while limiting distractions.
Complementing the optical performance are construction details that allow the T856r to withstand the rigors of the outdoors. These details begin with Steiner's Sports-Auto-Focusing System, which allows you to focus each eyepiece, just one time, and eliminates the need to refocus again regardless of how near or far the subject is—or if it is moving. The chassis is made of a lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate material that is wrapped in an oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor that offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather. Their optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to a depth of 16 feet and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions.
- 8x magnification
- Large 56mm objective lenses
- Traditional Porro prism optical path affords a richer depth of field versus similar roof prisms
- Proprietary lens coating formula maximizes light transmission to greater than 96% for improved low-light performance
- Proprietary Nano-Protection protects lens surfaces, enabling water to bead off, and preventing dirt from sticking, to provide clearer views in all weather conditions
- Floating prism mounting system helps to absorb impacts to avoid damage and maintain optical path collimation
- Ultra-wide 67° apparent angle of view
- 441' field of view at 1000 yards
SUMR Reticle Details
- Uses hash marks and stadia lines with clear numbers every 10mm for estimating range to, and size of, subjects
- Simple crosshair style offers clear and concise information without obstructing subjects or cluttering the field of view
- Not recommended for estimating ballistic drop compensation (BDC)
Use and Handling
- Lumiclip system: Luminescent clip glows with just enough light to locate the binoculars in the dark
- Fold-down rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Ultra-long 24.4mm eye relief makes long-duration glassing sessions comfortable
- Large 7mm exit pupil is optimized for low-light conditions to completely cover pupils when they are fully dilated to avoid vignetting of the view
- Sports Auto-Focusing System:
- Individual eyepiece focusing
- Requires only one initial individual focus adjustment per user
- Eliminates the need for refocusing for targets at ranges from 22 yards (20m) to infinity
- Enables the tracking of fast targets without the need to refocus
- Lightweight and impact-resistant Makrolon polycarbonate chassis
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof to a depth of 16' (5m) and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- ErgoFlex winged angled eyecups block stray peripheral light from interfering with views while improving contrast and limiting distractions
- Oil, petroleum, and chemical-resistant NBR synthetic rubber armor offers improved grip security, especially in cold and wet weather
- Broad -40 to 175°F operating temperature range
|Focus System||Sports-Auto Focus™|
|Close Focus||66 ft.|
|Exit Pupil||7 mm|
|Rubber Armoring||NBR Long Life|
|Waterproof||Submersion to 16 ft.|
|Dimension (HxWxL)||8.3 x 8.27|
|Neck Strap Attachment||ClickLoc®|
|Nitrogen Filled||14-pso pressurized|
|Rain Protection Cap||Included|
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.