Petzl RIG Self Braking Descender
Shipped from our manufacturers warehouse, You will be notified of any delays. Your card will not be charged until product ships.
RIG is a compact self-braking descender for rope access, designed for experienced users. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control. The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the harness.
Designed for experienced rope access workers
- Easy to use:
- safety gate on the moving side plate allows the rope to be installed easily while the device remains connected to the harness, facilitating the passage of intermediate anchors
- easy rope installation, thanks to the rope guide and markings
- ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released and enables convenient descent control. Two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel
- AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves at the work station without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device: as soon as the user releases the handle, the rope is automatically locked in the device. The automatic return system on the handle limits the risk of the device getting accidentally snagged
- handle automatically switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle, allowing for easy short ascents, for example
- cam can be manipulated to take up slack easily or belay a lead using climbing techniques
- The stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
- Descending a heavy load up to 200 kg
- Rope compatibility: 10 to 11.5 mm in diameter
- Available in two colors: yellow and black
- Weight: 400 g
- Maximum working load: 200 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical advice at www.petzl.com)
- Certifications: EN 341 type 2 class A, CE EN 12841 type C, CE EN 15151-1, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC - EN 341 type 2 class A when used with a PARALLEL 10.5 mm or AXIS 11 mm rope - EN 12841 type C when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm EN 1891 A rope - EN 15151-1 when used with a 9 to 10.5 mm rope - NFPA 1983 Technical Use when used with a 10 to 11.5 mm rope
- Color: Black
- Rope Compatibility: 9-11.5mm
- Warranty: 3 years
- Packing: 1
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. You must be 18+ years old to shop and or purchase on our website and 21+ to purchase Ammunition/Firearms. Check local laws before ordering as you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal/regulatory requirements. There are NO returns or exchanges on armor, firearms, ammunition, PPE equipment. Ammo ships UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
We reserve the right to fix any critical errors.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.