L-3 Insight AN/PVS-31A Binocular Night Vision Device BNVD
L-3 INSIGHT AN/PVS-31A BINOCULAR NIGHT VISION DEVICE BNVD
The AN/PVS-31A BNVD is a compact, lightweight, Gen III dual-tube goggle with improved white phosphor tube technology for greater target detection and recognition. Low-light and nighttime maneuvers appear more natural in black and white, with added contrast detail in shapes and shadows providing the operator more visual information for assessment and acquisition. White phosphor offer various shades of intensity between black and white (over black and green), resulting in better contrast and depth perception.
It has an ergonomic low-profile design and offers superior situational awareness compared to a single tube goggle. Working directly with input from SOF Operators, the BNVD was designed to increase system resolution, significantly reduce head borne-weight, improve system center of gravity, provide additional operational utility, and improve overall situational awareness as compared to currently fielded dual-tube goggles. The white phosphor BNVD is a follow-on to our legacy, battle-proven AN/PVS-15 and AN/PVS-31 standard green phosphor night vision goggles.
BNG-001-A48: Improved White Phosphor Tubes
- High performance white phosphor image with enhanced degree of detail in overall contrast and range of shades
- Provides the operator more visual information for accurate assessment and acquisition
- Manual system gain and focus adjustments for custom image quality optimization
- Lightweight ergonomic design reduces head-borne weight and decreases neck strain
- Snap-on diopter lenses optimize operator preference for visual acuity
- Rotating binocular design allows low profile against helmet when in stowed position and ability to use as a single monocular
- Quick release helmet-mount design
- Auto OFF when stowed; resumes power when deployed
- Red LED in left and right monocular indicates when 10 minutes or more of battery life remains
- Replaceable I2 tube assemblies (accepts MX-11769 or MX-10160)
- Dimensions: 4.2 in. L x 4.2 in. W x 3.4 in. H
- Weight: 490 g (1.08 lbs.) with AA battery installed
- Battery Type: (1) AA lithium
- Battery Life:
- ≥ 8 hrs. on (1) AA lithium battery
- (avg. 16 hrs. at 23° C)
- ≥ 24 hrs. on (4) AA lithium batteries with optional
- 4-cell battery pack (avg. 50 hrs. at 23° C)
- Field of View: 40° ± 2° deg. (horizontal & vertical)
- Objective Focus: 18 in. to infinity
- Eyepiece Diopter: -0.5 ± 0.1 (factory setting), adjustable from +2.0 to -2.5
- Image Intensification: U.S. manufactured MX-11769 Gen III, variable gain tubes
- Waterproof: 66 ft. immersion for 2 hours
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. You must be 18+ years old to shop and or purchase on our website and 21+ to purchase Ammunition/Firearms. Check local laws before ordering as you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal/regulatory requirements. There are NO returns or exchanges on armor, firearms, ammunition, PPE equipment. Ammo ships UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
We reserve the right to fix any critical errors.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.