GG&G 1203 Sling Thing For Dovetails
- 0.20 LBS
As the use of the tactical forearm, such as the GG&G Modular Tactical Free Floating Forearm has become more prevalent by special operations personnel and law enforcement SWAT teams, the need to easily mount a tactical rifle sling to the dovetail rails of the tactical forearm has become necessary. It was for this reason that GG&G developed theSling Thing For Dovetails. Although it is now generally accepted that a military rifle sling should be mounted on the side of the weapon, ancillary equipment mounted on the sides of the tactical forearms make this difficult or impossible to do.
The GG&G Sling Thing For Dovetails provides the flexibility to mount the front sling attachment anywhere on the tactical forearm rails that meet the mission requirement. As with all of our "Sling Things", this addition to the product line provides a lightweight, durable, easy-to-install and inexpensive method for front sling attachment. The Sling Thing uses a 1 1/4-inch sling swivel, and is manufactured from tough 7075 billet aluminum that has been Type III hard-coat anodized in a matte black mil-spec finish.
Sling Thing sling attachments are made in the USA by GG&G at our Tucson factory. Even though a small item like a rifle attachment could be made almost anywhere, our dovetail mounted combat sling adapter has to function perfectly with your equipment and our other accessories. In recent years tactical shooters have come to understand the value of different sling mounting scenarios. Soldiers prefer and combat rifle sling mountings that allow for "hands free" carrying that can switch to "on target" in the fraction of a second, then back down for secondary weapon use. Police and SWAT units may not be carrying their rifles full-time, but intense situations call for the accuracy and deterrence, both of which a sling can help supply. Even civilian and competition shooters with rifles often use an sling for better shot control and range. The Sling Thing helps provide all of these functions, and for that reason we use the same quality controls that we follow for all of our products and accessories.
- Light weight, easily installed and inexpensive.
- Durable and rugged construction for years of service.
- Fits dovetails manufactured to MIL-STD 1913 and Weaver specifications.
- All edges of the Sling Attachment have been rounded and smoothed to protect the operator.
- When mounted, it keeps the weapon slung in the correct position to avoid canting outwards away from your body.
- Uses a 1 ¼ “ rubber coated steel Mil-Spec sling swivel that is riveted in place.
- Ambidextrous by design.
- Material: The body of the Sling Attachment For Dovetails is manufactured from tough 7075 billet aluminum.
- Finish: Aluminum components are Type III Hard coat anodized matte black per Mil-Spec.
- Finish: All steel components are manganese phosphated matte black per Mil-Spec.
- Weight: 1 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. You must be 18+ years old to shop and or purchase on our website and 21+ to purchase Ammunition/Firearms. Check local laws before ordering as you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal/regulatory requirements. There are NO returns or exchanges on armor, firearms, ammunition, PPE equipment. Ammo ships UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
We reserve the right to fix any critical errors.