Avon N49 ULW Level 3A Ballistic Bump Helmet
Under 2lbs, the N49 provides industry standard ballistic fragmentation and blunt impact protection.
The N49-Ultra-Light Weight Ballistic Bump Helmet provides ballistic protection at the weight and comfort of a bump helmet. The advanced design has boltless retention, available in dial, or x-back as well as no thru bolt rails which provide consistent ballistic protection from the shell. Designed with (UHMWPE) ballistic material at shell weight of just over 1 pound while featuring ballistic and blunt impact protection. The N49 comes standard with NVG mount, rails, bungees, exterior loop set and D3O Trust Stealth suspension. The comfort and wearability afforded by the light weight are paired with the high-cut design to allow easy integration with communication, hearing protection, gas masks and goggles.
- Shell is manufactured with advanced Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- No holes through shell of helmet for any accessories other than the standard 3-hole NVG bracket eliminating the possibility for secondary projectiles
- Boltless retention and no-bolt-thru rails reduces weight and maximizes industry standard ballistic protection
- High-cut allows for easier integration with ear protection, communications and other tactical accessories
BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE TESTING
- NIJ Threat Level - NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0.108.01 Level IIIA Threats (9mm FMJ/44mag @ 1400-1450 ft/sec)
- Fragmentation Testing - Tested in accordance to NATO STANAG 2920 - 17 gr .22 caliber FSP V50 ≥ 2200 ft/sec (670 m/sec)
- Blunt Impact Testing - Meets ACH Blunt Impact requirements
- Standard configuration includes rails
RETENTION SUSPENSION SYSTEMS
- Team Wendy EPIC Liner Sytem COMFIT
- Innovative no thru-hole attachment
- Three hole accommodates all industry standard NVG adapters
- Dovetail rails accept common industry accessories n Innovative no thru-hole attachment
- Exterior hoop set, picatinny adaptor, counterweight. bungees and helmet bag
- Medium - 1.2lbs.
- Large - 1.27lbs.
- X-Large - 1.39lbs.
It is important that the helmet is fit properly to achieve the correction protection level for the wearer. Measuring to determine shell size:
1 User must be seated in an upright position.
2 Measure the maximum head circumference by pressing the tape just above the bony eyebrow ridge of the forehead and above both ears. Tape measure must be pulled tightly.
3 Using the following table, select the helmet shell size.
Head Circumference / Helmet
- Up to 22.5 inches (573 mm) - Medium Helmet
- From 22.55 inches (573 mm) up to 23.5 inches (597 mm) - Large Helmet
- Over 23.5 inches (597 mm) - Extra-Large Helmet
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. You must be 18+ years old to shop and or purchase on our website and 21+ to purchase Ammunition/Firearms. Check local laws before ordering as you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal/regulatory requirements. There are NO returns or exchanges on armor, firearms, ammunition, PPE equipment. Ammo ships UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
We reserve the right to fix any critical errors.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.