“El Original” is the first belt in the Tejas Gun Belt line by Magpul.
Crafted from a combination of inch-and-a-half wide top grade bullhide leather and reinforced polymer, it’s strong and water resistant, rigid enough to carry a holster, but still comfortable for everyday use. Proudly made in Texas, it’s not just a great gun belt… it’s a great belt.
U.S.A. Made in Texas
- Top grade bullhide leather exterior layer and supportive but flexible reinforced polymer interior
- Gun belt rigidity with dress belt comfort offers stretch and sag free performance
- Removable chrome plated buckle with branded "tool-free" fasteners
- Standard 1-1/2" wide and 1/4" thick to fit most belt loops and holsters
- Eight holes with 3/4" spacing for a wide yet precise adjustment range
- Multiple lengths available from 32-44 inches (please review Belt Sizing directions in Specs below*)
DO NOT order your waist size or pants size! Lay an existing belt out flat and from where the leather folds at the point where the buckle is attached, measure to the hole that you typically use. Please remember when ordering to take into account any holster or accessory that may be worn. For in-between measurements use the next size up as our belts will not stretch over time.
We size our belts from the fold in the leather to the #5 hole (count the hole from the tip, ~7 inches) as per the diagram below.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
While the inner polymer layer of our belt is largely maintenance free, the outer layer will need to be cared for like any other quality leather item.
- Do not roll up your belt unnecessarily tight when not in use
- When putting your belt on, avoid bending it back over the buckle more than 90 degrees when tightening as this may strain the leather and weaken the stitching
- While our belts will not stretch due to the reinforced polymer inner layer, avoid using leather softeners such as Neatsfoot or Mink oil
- If necessary, a quality paste-style leather preservative may be used to maintain the leather surface
- If the surface is ever scratched down to the natural beige leather the appropriate shade of shoe polish will help restore the color
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.). .
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.