KZ Barrel Spline Socket STEEL Rod AR15/M4 Upper Receivers
- 1.00 LBS
A great tool that securely holds an upper receiver assembly for maintenance and assembly work. The removal and installation of barrels, flash hiders, gas blocks and hand guards is made much easier and simpler. Designed to be gripped in a bench vise so that the rod is either horizontal or vertical. The upper receiver is then slid onto the rod and the rod’s integral splines enter the barrel extension and secure the barrel extension from turning.
This allows all the torque from barrel nut wrenches to go directly into the barrel extension. The receiver vise blocks transmit the turning force into the aluminum receiver, a good part of which passes through the small, easily distorted receiver index pin. With the Barrel Spline Socket Rod, marring of an upper receiver’s finish by gripping and twisting inside vise blocks is eliminated and so is the need to remove sights and mounts from the receiver’s M1913 rail.
- For all AR15/M16/M4/AR10/SR25 Type Rifles & Pistols
- Securely holds an upper receiver assembly for maintenance and assembly work
- Removal & installation of barrels, flash hiders, gas blocks and hand guards is made much easier and simpler
- Designed to be gripped in a bench vise
- Allows all the torque from barrel nut wrenches to go directly into the barrel extension.
- Length: 5.56mm 11.75" / 7.62mm 12.750"
- Diameter: 5.56mm Model 1" / 7.62mm Model 1.187".
- Hanging Hole
- 100% Guarantee on workmanship & materials.
- 100% Made In USA
Specifications Aluminum Model:
- 6061 T6 Billet aluminum.
- Type II class 3 hard black anodized.
- Weight: .223/5.56mm, 1lbs - .308/7.62, 1.25lbs
- Specifications Steel Model:
- Cut from solid bar of 4140 Chrome Moly Steel
- Heat Treated to 57RC
- Black oxide Smooth finish
- Weight: 5.56mm Model 2.3 lbs. / 7.62mm Model 3.5 lbs.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. You must be 18+ years old to shop and or purchase on our website and 21+ to purchase Ammunition/Firearms. Check local laws before ordering as you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal/regulatory requirements. There are NO returns or exchanges on armor, firearms, ammunition, PPE equipment. Ammo ships UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
We reserve the right to fix any critical errors.
This big rod did the trick! Building a .308 rifle, I needed to work on muzzle devices. This rod worked perfectly, mounted in a bench vise, wrenching on barrel parts caused no stress to upper receiver. I recommend this item! Price was good as well. Win-win.
Works perfectly! makes muzzle device changes/maintenance work sooo easy, and worry free. No stress to upper receiver.
First one and won't need another. I like you can adjust your reciever to what ever angle you need.
I was lucky enough to get this years ago as an alternative to an overpriced, name brand reaction rod for under $40. After years of service this tool is still going strong. Useful for upper receiver maintenance. Everything KZ that I have purchased this far has been quality.
Best reaction rod for the money.
Have used it for 2 builds now, I have no complaints. It does what it’s suppose to do.
Great product, exceptional quality, this contributed to my building a perfect AR.
Best tool I've used for AR-15
Works perfectly, very well made. Would highly recommend. Excellent value for the money!