Steiner Remote Airfield Beacon
- Shipped from our or manufacturers warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until product ships. You will be notified of any delays.
- 1.00 LBS
The Airfield Beacon is a compact remotely triggered beacon designed for marking covert airstrips and landing zones. Its UHF transceiver is programmed with seven discrete channels and can be remotely activated from a minimum of 2 km. With standard night vision goggles, it can be detected from 15 km.
- Every beacon doubles as a transmitter, capable of triggering any other beacon.
- It can be equipped with a variety of emitters in the visible and near IR wavebands.
- The “All” setting lets the operator turn on every beacon regardless of channel.
- 3 operating modes: continuous at medium power, continuous at high power and 1 Hz flashing at high power.
- Modes are easily programmed by USB and flash patterns can be customized
- Hemispherical light distribution for visibility from all directions
- Weatherproof and shock resistant
- Beacons can be placed on the ground or attached to stakes with internal magnets.
- Optical Divergence: Greater than hemispherical: 360˚ azimuth x 200˚ elevation
- Detectable Range SWR: 5 to 8 km
- Battery: (4) CR 123
- Run Time: 4.5 to 14 hours
- Beacon Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.5 x 3.8 cm
- Weight: 500 grams / 17.6 ounces
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C (-22°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- Waterproof: 10 meters for 30 minutes: IP68 Rating
- # of Emitters: 9 (3 of each wavelength)
- Dimensions: 9.5x8.1x4.8cm
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.