Maxa Beam MBS-410 Searchlights
- Peak Beam
- Shipped from our or manufacturers’ Warehouse. May take 5 to 6 weeks for shipping. Your CC WILL NOT BE CHARGED until product ships.
- 3.00 LBS
With a 12,000,000 CandlePower output and a range of over 3,500 meters, the Maxa Beam is the world’s most powerful handheld searchlight. The searchlight features a motorized beam width that allows the user to vary the beam from a 1° spot to a 40° flood with the press of a button as well as a strobe mode that turns the Maxa Beam into a disorienting non-lethal weapon.
Maxa Beam Searchlights have been battle-tested by all branches of the U.S. military since 1987. Domestic users include U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). Internationally, Maxa Beam Searchlights have been exported to more than sixty-five countries where the searchlights are utilized for security, surveillance and law enforcement applications.
Please note that MBS-410 is the SEARCHLIGHT ONLY and does not include a battery or power supply.
- (1) MBS-410 Maxa Beam Searchlight
- (1) TL-002 Focus Adjustment Tool
- (1) Operation Manual
- Data Sheet
- Output: 12,000,000 Peak Beam CandlePower (no maximum threshold; -10% minimum threshold)
- Range: 3,500 meters (1 lux on target)
- Lamp: 85 Watt Xenon Short Arc Lamp (field replaceable); instant hot/cold start and restrike
- Beam Width: 1° Spot to 40° Flood, Motorized
- Beam Intensity: 3 levels
- Strobe: User-adjustable frequency (1-31Hz) and duty cycle (3-63%)
- Battery: Sold Separately
- Input Power: 12VDC
- Operating Temperature: -15°C to +60°C
- Searchlight Body: Constructed of corrosion-resistant alodined and powder-coated Aluminum and impact-resistant PC/ABS
- Size: 11.2 in. long x 5.74 in. diameter; 3.2 lbs.
SET-UP AND OPERATION
- Locate searchlight, battery and power cable.
- Attach Searchlight to Battery by lining up the four feet of the searchlight over holes in top of battery. Lower the searchlight into the holes, then slide the searchlight towards the connector end of the battery until searchlight locks in place.
- Connect the Power Cord by attaching the cord’s female end to the searchlight’s 4-pin power connector and attaching the cord’s male end to the battery connector. To lock, rotate only the locking ring clockwise. All connections are keyed; never force connections.
- To Turn Searchlight On, press the red ON/OFF SWITCH. Searchlight starts on high power, holds setting for 2 seconds, then drops to normal power.
- To Adjust Beam Width, pull the black 4-WAY SWITCH back to increase beam width to flood. Push the 4-way switch forward to decrease beam width to spot.
- To Activate Strobe, rock and hold the 4-way switch to the left. The default setting is momentary strobe, which means that the searchlight will strobe when the 4-way switch is held to the left. Please consult the Operation Manual for instructions on how to program the left button function to continuous strobe or low beam mode.
- To Activate High Beam, rock and hold the 4-way switch to the right. The default setting is momentary high beam, which means that the searchlight will stay on high beam when the 4-way switch is held to the right. Please consult the Operation Manual for instructions on how to program the right button function to continuous high beam mode.
- To Attach a Filter, line up the three tabs on the filter with the slots on the front of the searchlight. Place filter over front of searchlight and turn filter counter-clockwise until fully seated. Filter will lock in place. Visit the Filters page to view available filter options.
The Maxa Beam Searchlight’s default switch settings can be modified with simple programming sequences. Customizable switch settings include setting the right and left button functions to “continuous” high and strobe, setting the default beam width, setting spot and flood limits, and changing the frequency of the searchlight’s strobe. Please consult the Operation Manual for programming instructions.
ANSI Risk Group 3. Warning.
Visible and infrared radiation emitted from this searchlight.
Permanent eye damage can result. Avoid direct exposure to the beam.
- Do not look directly into the searchlight beam. Exposure of the eye to either the direct searchlight beam or a beam reflected from a flat mirror-like surface can cause permanent eye injury to the unprotected eye. Follow the same precaution even when an Infrared Filter is installed on the searchlight.
- Nominal Ocular Hazard Distance (NOHD), Visible Light: 10 meters
- NOHD, Infrared Light: 30 meters for exposures greater than 10 seconds
- Do not operate searchlight if the front lens is damaged or removed. Ultraviolet injury to skin and cornea can occur if the searchlight is operated with a damaged front lens or if the lens is removed.
- Do not allow the concentrated beam of light to be focused on flammable materials at close distances for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not operate light in an explosive environment.
- Do not touch lamp connections during operation as high voltage is present.
- Do not touch the quartz envelope of the lamp. If the lamp is accidentally touched, clean with alcohol or the solution supplied in the replacement lamp kit.
- Always wear protective eyewear, long sleeves, and gloves if removing the front lens cover. The lamp is under positive pressure and should be handled with care.
- Always disconnect searchlight from power cord when not in use, when placed in storage or when being transported to prevent accidental activation.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
Candle Power 12,000,000
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.