Steiner NOVA Multi-Spectral Beacon
- Shipped from our or manufacturers warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until product ships. You will be notified of any delays.
- 1.00 LBS
The Star Beacon is a thermal combat ID beacon for covertly marking blue force personnel and vehicles. It emits no visible signature and is undetectable by conventional image intensifier-based night vision equipment. The Star beacon has an optical output of approximately 2300 mW in the mid-wave IR band (3 to 5 micron) and/or 400 mW in the long-wave IR band (8 to 12 microns). The beacon emits in a full hemispherical pattern for high visibility by air or ground mounted thermal imaging systems. The emitter head, battery pack, and mount system can be easily configured for use on a helmet, vehicle, MOLLE vest, or pack.
- Positive ID of blue force assets from both ground and airborne thermal imaging systems
- 1 km visibility to cooled LWIR imagers – 10 km visibility in MWIR with common imagers
- Invisible to Gen I, II, and III image intensifiers
- Neodymium magnets for attachment to vehicles and integral bracket for various attachment options to a helmet, vest, or pack
- Multiple Star Beacons can be wirelessly synchronized to flash in unison.
- Battery pack with (6) 123 batteries provides 5 hours of continuous run time.
- Also runs on external power, 12 to 32 VDC.
- Full hemispherical emission from the horizon to zenith
- Optical Divergence: Greater than hemispherical: 360˚ azimuth x 200˚ elevation
- Detectable Range SWR: 5 to 8 km
- Battery: (3) CR 123
- Run Time: 4.5 to 14 hours
- Beacon Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.5 x 3.8 cm
- Weight: 235 grams / 8.3 ounces
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C (-22°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- Waterproof: 10 meters for 30 minutes
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.