Austri Alpin SnapGate Symm. Oval Connector
- Shipped From Our Or Manufactuerers Warehouse
- 0.50 LBS
The Austri-Alpin Non-Locking Steel Oval Carabiner - Snaplink - offers optimum durability and strength. This carabiner is patterned on the original U.S. Army Mountaineering Snaplink. Steel is the best choice for severe duty use as it stands up to heavy uses without material degradation. This is recommended for rescue, ropes course and gym use. Non-locking black oxide Army style steel carabiner/ snap link is used for climbing, mountaineering and some rappelling applications. This plain oval style is multifunctional for attaching tactical gear.
Carabiners come in four characteristic shapes:
- Oval: Symmetric. Most basic and utilitarian. Smooth regular curves are gentle on equipment and allow easy repositioning of loads. Their greatest disadvantage is that a load is shared equally on both the strong solid spine and the weaker gated axis.
- D: Asymmetric shape transfers the majority of their load onto the spine, the carabiner's strongest axis.
- Offset-D: Variant of a D with a greater asymmetry, allowing for a wider gate opening.
- Pear/HMS: Specialized oversized offset-D's used in belaying. These are usually the heaviest carabiners.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. You must be 18+ years old to shop and or purchase on our website and 21+ to purchase Ammunition/Firearms. Check local laws before ordering as you certify you are of legal age and satisfy all federal, state, and local legal/regulatory requirements. There are NO returns or exchanges on armor, firearms, ammunition, PPE equipment. Ammo ships UPS ground to the lower 48 states.
We reserve the right to fix any critical errors.
Connectors & Carbiners