Steiner NOVA Multi-Spectral Identification Beacon Visible Mid-Wave Infrared
- Shipped from our or manufacturers warehouse. Your credit card will not be charged until product ships. You will be notified of any delays.
- 1.00 LBS
The Nova is a multi-spectral combat ID beacon for covertly marking blue force personnel and vehicles. It includes broadband thermal, NIR, SWIR, and/or white LED emitters. When operated in thermal or SWIR modes, it emits no visible signature and is undetectable by conventional night vision equipment. The Nova has an optical output of approximately 350 mW in the MWIR band (3 - 5 µm), 320 mW in the NIR band (880 nm), 150 mW in the SWIR band (1550 nm), and 70 lumens in the visible spectrum.
- Positive ID of blue force personnel and vehicles from ground based and airborne thermal imagers, targeting systems, short wave infrared cameras, and NVGs
- Covert - When operated in thermal or SWIR mode, the Nova is undetectable by all visible and NIR cameras and image intensified night vision devices
- Six emitter locations can be populated with any combination of emitters
- Multiple Nova beacons can be synchronized to flash in unison
- Completely self-contained: configured for use on a helmet, MOLLE vest, pack, or vehicle
- Optical Divergence: Greater than hemispherical: 360˚ azimuth x 200˚ elevation
- Detectable Range SWR: 5 to 8 km
- Battery: (3) CR 123
- Run Time: 4.5 to 14 hours
- Beacon Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.5 x 3.8 cm
- Weight: 235 grams / 8.3 ounces
- Operating Temperature Range: -30°C (-22°F) to 60°C (140°F)
- Waterproof: 10 meters for 30 minutes
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.