Smith’s new “Pocket Pal” Multi-Functional Knife Sharpener features pre-set crossed carbides and ceramic stones, which provide the “Perfect Edge” every time. Carbides provide quick edge setting, and the specially shaped ceramic stones are designed to give you a razor sharp edge on either standard or serrated edges. A fold out, tapered round, diamond coated rod is designed for sharpening serrations and small gut hooks. Unit is compact, lightweight, durable, and comes with a lanyard hole.
- Tapered Round Diamond Coated Rod for Sharpening Serrated and Standard Edges
- Carbide Blades (Coarse CARBIDE Slot) Quickly Set Your Edge
- Ceramic Stones (Fine CERAMIC slot) Give You a Razor Sharp Edge
- Reversible and Replaceable Carbide and Ceramic Stones for Extended Sharpening
- Lanyard hole for Carrying
- Preset Sharpening Angles provide Guaranteed Results
Carbide Blades (COARSE) - Set the edge. The carbide blades provide quick edge setting capability for dull or damaged knives. These blades are designed for use on straight edges only, and are reversible and replaceable.
Ceramic Stones (FINE) - Finish the edge. Ceramic stones provide a smooth, polished edge for already sharp knives and can be used on serrated or standard blades and are reversible and replaceable.
Abrasives: Tapered Diamond Rod: MEDIUM (400 Grit) /Carbide Pull-Through slot: COARSE/ Ceramic Pull-Through slot: FINE (800 Grit)
V-Shaped Sharpening Slots:
- Insert knife blade into the V-shaped slots at a 90-degree angle to the sharpening blades or stones.
- Pull the knife blade straight back towards you while applying light pressure.
- Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
Tapered Diamond Rod / Flat Edges:
- Always hold the unit with the rod facing down. Place heel of the blade on the diamond rod closest to the unit.
- Hold blade at a 23 degree angle to the rod.
- While applying light pressure, push the knife away from you towards the end of the rod. Draw knife down so that the tip of the blade comes off the end of the rod. Repeat this action until blade is sharp.
- For the other side of the blade, you will need to switch hands holding the sharpener and the knife and repeat steps 1 - 3.
Tapered Diamond Rod / Serrated Edges:
- Only sharpen the side of your knife edge with the serrations.
- Hold rod at 23 degree angle to the blade and move it back and forth through each serration until sharp.
Always clean your sharpener with a damp cloth after use and towel dry. Do NOT rinse with water.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.