SDI 40mm Blunt Impact Projectiles CS Chemical Irritant Powder
- Law Enforcement Agency Sales Only
- 1.00 LBS
Very popular due to its strong effect and lack of toxicity. The BIP CS round is a riot deterrent, crowd-control medium and effective alternative to lethal force.
- Designed to be fired from 40mm launchers
- Collapsible gel head mushrooms upon impact to absorb kinetic energy
- Impact is spread over a larger surface area for maximum pain compliance, while causing less injury
- Operational short-range distance of 2 meters, to an effective long range of 80 meters
- Optimum long / short ranges allow for one SDI round to be used vs. two rounds from competitors
What are the effects of the chemical irritant?
- Delivers a micro pulverized irritant powder to maximize pain compliance
- Effects usually include tears, profuse coughing, exceptional nasal discharge, burning in the eyes, eyelids, nose and throat areas, disorientation, dizziness and restricted breathing
- Produces an inflammatory effect which causes the eyes to close which disturbs the vision of the target
It is stressed that shot placement is critical. Shots to the head, neck, thorax, heart, or spine can result in fatal or serious injury. As a result, SDI recommends shooters target areas according to their agency’s use of force model.
- Model Number S-1080 CS
- Type Blunt impact kinetic energy round with collapsible head
- Compatibility All 40mm Launchers
- Operational Range 6.6 – 262 feet (2 –80 meters)
- Cartridge Material Glass Filled Nylon
- Diameter 1.57 in (40mm)
- Length 3.98 in (101mm)
- Weight 1.77 oz (50.3g)
- Muzzle Velocity 290 feet/second (88.4 meters/second)
- Kinetic Energy at Muzzle 208 J (153 ft·lb)
- UN Number 0012
- Hazard Class 1.4 S
- Quantity per Box 25
- Safety Data Sheet
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.