Scott Safety EPIC 3 & EPIC 3 RI Voice Amplifier Assembly
- 3M Scott Safety
- 0.50 LBS
EPIC 3 Communication System
Answering the market request for communication and intelligibility improvements, Scott Safety introduces the EPIC 3—the smartest, most durable and safest voice amplifi cation communication system in the market. The EPIC 3 audible and visual operational indications make this system the safest in the market, earning STI scores above .65 and providing louder, clearer and more effective communication than other voice amplifi ers in the market. The EPIC 3 best-in-class battery life, at over 50 hours, more than doubles that of the most popular models in the market. Submitted for NFPA 1981 2013 approvals, the EPIC 3 passed the heat and fl ame test, high heat and fl ame test, radiant heat test and the 30-minute tumble test, and holds IP 66 and 67 ratings. The EPIC 3 is backwards compatible to work with NFPA 1981, 2002 and 2007 SCBA.
- Automatic Shutoff Amplifi er reduces costs of battery replacement and improves equipment readiness
- Intrinsically safe for use with commercially available alkaline and NiMH AAA batteries
- Durable, rugged design is robust enough to withstand day-to-day rigors, even in the most extreme applications
- Ribbed, textured surface establishes more secure handling even with wet-gloved hands
- On/Off button with tactile surface makes it easy to recognize activation with a gloved hand or in a noisy environment
- Angled directional speaker projects an amplifi ed voice in the direction the user is facing
- Upgradeable to include radio interface and talk-around, multi-channel functionality
- NFPA- and NIOSH-approved (NFPA approvals 2002/2007, submitted for 2013 approval)
EPIC 3 RI Communication System
Communicate clearly and effectively on the fireground and easily switch from non-tactical to tactical communications with the EPIC 3 Radio Interface (RI) Voice Communication System. We developed the EPIC 3 RI system to address the changing communication needs of firefighters and emergency personnel. The lack of clear fire scene voice communications is a leading concern for fireground situational awareness and safety. Working closely with first responders around the world, Scott Safety developed the EPIC 3 RI Voice Communication System — voice amplifiers, lapel speaker microphones, specialized accessories, and programming utilities — to meet the demanding needs and conditions while complimenting the performance and safety benefits of Scott Safety SCBA and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Enhances SCBA facepiece voice communication intelligibilityand loudness
- Advances safety through easy-to-use wirelesscommunication interoperability with mobile field radios
- Provides easy transition from non-tactical to tacticalcommunication modes
- Ensures operational compatibility with both legacy and newScott SCBA and PPE
- Consolidates device functionality to reduce technology costs
- Improves user communications from the incident scene toremote locations
- Clear communication when and where you need it. Clear and pervasive communication improves first responder safety and enhances situational awareness. Hear and be heard in real-time whether at the incident or en route.
- Interoperable with hundreds of field radios to provide ultimate flexibility. Works with a wide range of field radio makes and models, allowing you to utilize existing radio equipment when used with Scott Safety SCBA, PPE, and communication solutions.
- Multi-purpose utility consolidates devices while reducing operational costs. Enhances SCBA facepiece voice communications, field radio interoperability, and remote speaker microphone operation. Supports facepiece use with supplied air, SCBA, APR, and PAPR breathing apparatus devices, increasing communications and facepiece utility while reducing equipment spend.
- Compatible with Scott SCBA and facepieces for increased long-term value. Add enhanced communications to new and legacy Scott Safety SCBA and PPE, providing additional safety benefits and value.
- Easy-to-use utilities make programming a breeze. All EPIC 3 Voice Amplifiers and Lapel Speaker Microphones can be easily software configured to meet specific customer use case and radio interoperability requirements if required. Device firmware and features can be upgraded while in the field, extending device utility while reducing device administration costs.
- Durable high-heat rated construction withstands the rigors of firefighting. All EPIC 3 Voice Amplifiers and Lapel Speaker Microphone housings and cables are purpose built to withstand the demands and high temperatures (up to 500º F) associated with interior firefighting, ensuring years of reliable operation and low maintenance costs.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.