The “next-generation” design features of the GSR were readily recognized as an exceptional alternative for the increasingly stringent protection needs of the global civil responder community against CBRN threats. But while the GSR is a superior option for military use, the filter specification and attachment means were not compatible with global regulatory standards required for civil use.
Scott safety answered the call to fill these capacity gaps and introduced the first responder respirator (frr), the civil variant of the gsr, approved to worldwide regulatory standards.
The Scott Safety FRR takes GSR technologies and embodies them in a certified respiratory protection system designed for use with CBRN and industrial chemical filters with threaded (DIN40/ STANAG 4155) connections and offers unique levels of operational flexibility. Like the GSR, the FRR offers significantly higher protection factors against CBRN agents while providing greatly reduced physiological burden.
- Best-in-class protection factors — including a unique secondary filter — for significantly higher protection than the industrial standard
- Automatic sweat removal for greater user comfort
- Comfortable fit, exceptional visibility and high drinking rate
- Compatible with all military, law enforcement and industrial DIN 40mm threaded filters
- Mounting capability on either side of the mask for maximum operational flexibility
- Low breathing resistances that are significantly lower than the industrial standard
- Manufactured from chemical-hard materials with proven protection and comfort characteristics for 48-hour wear.
- Flexible, hard-coated lens featuring minimal haze and light transmission providing a wide field of view and impact protection in excess of EN166, Class 1 requirements
- Vision correction capability that includes the use of progressive (vari-focal) lenses
- Re-breathed CO2 levels significantly below 1%c
- Multiple sizing combinations between mask and separate oronasal module for a 100% user fit
- Ancillary equipment, such as visor outserts and carriers, are available
- Harness buckle positions optimized for comfortable integration with helmets and earmuff communication systems
- Modular construction permits simple maintenance
- Easily changed louver facilitates integration of radio and voice amp options with integral speech diaphragm
- High-efficiency drinking system delivers in excess of 0.5 lpm as required and can be integrated to canteens and back-worn hydration systems
- A range of harness options are available to optimize fit and wearer comfort
- Face Seal Self-regulating twin primary seals provide increased protection and comfort for longduration wearing. Built-in features enable simple mask/suit hood integration
- Exhalation Valve Twin exhalation valves provide a clean "airlock". Ensure leak-tight exhalation and low resistance
- Inline Secondary Filtration "Mask within a mask" system combined with patented secondary filtration technology allows for unrivaled levels of protection and automatic sweat clearance
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
We are Not Accepting Returns or Exchanges For Any PPE Equipment or Ballistic Items.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.