The new Air-Pak X3 SCBA platform carries forward many of the features and designs of previous Air-Pak models, including the redundant safety features, ease of use and durability Scott Air-Pak users have grown to trust. The Air-Pak X3 was designed with additional emphasis on enhancements to comfort, hose and wire management, weight distribution, fire ground communications and serviceability.
When the call comes in, there is one SCBA trusted more than any other by firefighters and emergency responders throughout the world. The Scott Safety Air-Pak is the most trusted, durable and easy-to-use SCBA in the fire service because only Scott Safety uses redundant safety features, has a low cost of ownership and is firefighter-designed and -tested. Plus, the Scott Safety Air-Pak SCBA is the only SCBA to meet the stringent requirements to be labeled “Made in the USA.” It is no surprise that for over 80 years, hundreds of thousands of firefighters have relied on the Scott Air-Pak every day.
Building on this tradition, Scott proudly offers a new platform of products which meet the requirements established in the 2013 Edition of NFPA 1981 and 1982 Standards.
2013 EDITION NFPA 1981/1982 STANDARDS HIGHLIGHTS
- Increased facepiece lens durability requirements through two additional tests to measure facepiece performance against high temperature, flame and radiant heat
- New voice intelligibility requirements to eliminate the subjectivity of the testing and enhance overall intelligibility using new test protocols:
- Speech Transmissibility Index (STI) for improved repeatability and reproducibility in the test results
- Mechanical communication performance test protocol
- Amplified communication performance test protocol
- End-of-Service Time Indicator (EOSTI), or low air alarm, has moved from 25% to 33% of the cylinder’s operating pressure
- All PASS devices have a universal sound regardless of the manufacturer
- NFPA committee worked with NIOSH to establish minimum performance and approval requirements for Emergency Breathing Support Systems, which were previously not approved for use
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.