Leica Geovid HD-B 3000 Rangefinder Binoculars
- Shipped from our or manufacturers warehouse, You will be notified of any delays. Your card will not be charged until product ships.
- 2.00 LBS
The Leica 10x42 Geovid HD-B 3000 Rangefinder Binocular combines powerful optical performance with a long-distance 3000-yard laser rangefinder and ballistic computer into a highly portable and easy-to-use optic.
Optically, the Geovid utilizes Leica's Perger-Porro prism optical design that yields the compact form factor of a roof prism with the rich depth of field and interference-free light path of a traditional Porro prism. To further improve image quality, is an internal baffle system to suppress stray light and the HDC fully multi-coated optical system that maximizes light transmission, while improving color fidelity and contrast. Its ultra-wide field of view helps to minimize the appearance of the distracting hand-shake that is often associated with holding powerful optics such as this, while also presenting the user with an immersive observational experience.
The range finding system integrates an inclinometer and ballistics computer with the powerful IR laser to improve first-shot accuracy. Its inclinometer measures the relative angle from the user to the target, then combines that with the linear range, to provide an adjusted distance to enable them to better judge the hold-over/-under. The addition of Leica's Advanced Ballistic Compensation system utilizes one of 12 pre-programmed ballistic curves based on common ammunition loads, combined with the adjusted range and environmental conditions, to further improve hold-over/-under accuracy. Users can also create custom curves on the Leica website and load them onto the Geovid, refining the precision even more. Hold-over/-under values can be displayed as the adjusted range, the relative angle, or in MOA/Mils to enable fast click adjustments to riflescope turrets.
Leica employs an open-bridge/dual-hinge design that makes the Geovid lighter and easier to handle without sacrificing strength or stability. Protecting the optics and electronics is a magnesium alloy chassis that is lightweight and durable. The body is wrapped in a protective rubber armor that provides a slip-resistant grip. To withstand the rigors of the trail, the optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperatures and environmental conditions.
Powerful 10x magnification allows for detailed observations of distant subjects
42mm objective lenses boost light gathering ability while ensuring the optical tubes remain thin for easier handling
Perger-Porro prism optical design combines the rich depth of field of a Porro prism light path while maintaining the more compact straight-line optical tube of a roof prism, without the phase interference, to minimize light loss and internal diffraction
HDC fully multi-coated system has abrasion-resistant and anti-reflection properties to protect exterior lens surfaces, and maximize light transmission with a natural neutral color fidelity and improved contrast
Internal baffle system suppresses stray light for improved contrast
Hydrophobic AquaDura coating on external optical surfaces allows dirt, dust, and fingerprints to be removed easily without leaving residue on the lens surfaces
Ultra-wide 70° apparent angle of view helps to minimize the appearance of distracting hand-shake that is often associated with holding high-power optics, to present an immersive observational experience
374' field of view at 1000 yd
- Class 1 eye-safe infrared laser
- Displays distance in yards or meters
- Range: 10 to 3000 yd (10 to 2742m)
- Accuracy, 10-550 yd: ±1 yd (1m)
- Accuracy, 550-1100 yd: ±2 yd (2m)
- Accuracy, 1100 yd +: ±0.5%
- Spot mode for range to single subject; Scan mode for continuous measurement to multiple or moving targets
- Metering time averages 0.5 seconds
- Integrated inclinometer measures the angle relative to the target
- Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR) mode uses angle and range to calculate an adjusted horizontal distance to target for improved accuracy from 10 - 1200 yd (10-1100m)
- Four-digit LED overlay with auto-brightness adjustment
- Simple and intuitive two-button right-handed user interface
- Runs on one included CR2 battery
ABC (Advanced Ballistic Compensation) System
- Combines data from rangefinder, inclinometer, temperature, and atmospheric pressure with installed ballistic curves to provide hold-over/-under compensation values
- Compensation values displayed as hold-over, adjusted distance to target (EHR), or MOA/mils for the number of clicks required on the riflescope turrets
- 12 pre-installed fixed ballistic curves based on the most popular round loads allows for easy ballistic drop compensation (BDC)
- Ballistic calculator on Leica website enables user to build custom curves for specific loads, save them to a microSD card, and load them onto the optic via its card slot
Use and Handling
- Open-bridge/dual-hinge configuration reduces weight while providing a solid platform for the internal focusing system and rangefinder
- Slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to use with high precision, even when wearing gloves
- ±4 dioptric correction enables user to compensate for optical prescriptions for sharper views
- Twist-up 4-position click-stop rubber eyecups for use with or without eyewear
- Long 20mm eye relief makes long-duration viewing easier and more comfortable
- 4.2mm exit pupil covers most pupils as they open and dilate in low light to keep the entire scene in the view
- Open-bridge/dual-hinge design provides increased strength and more gripping surface area
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy housing
- Slip-resistant and protective rubber armoring
- Nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and submersible to 16.5', and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions
- Weight: 33 oz, with battery
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.