The GG&G MAD (Multiple Aperture Device) BUIS (Back Up Iron Sight)) was originally developed to fulfill a request from Naval Surface Warfare for a battle-ready, low profile back up iron sight system that provided both a large and small aperture on the same plane, as well as providing a co-witness capability with the majority of red dot optics. The MAD is the lowest profile locking detent BUIS offered, and is used by elite armed forces and law enforcement teams worldwide. For Federal Law Enforcement and Military orders, the NSN number is NSN 1005-01-527-6333
MAD Back Up Iron Sight Specifications:
- The GG&G MAD BUIS is easily installed.
- Solid squeeze rail attachment mechanism with counter sunk crossbolt to eliminate snags.
- The Multiple Aperture Device can be used as a co-witness iron sight with most red dot sighting systems, as a stand-alone sight or in conjunction with GG&G interface rails.
- The Sight is compatible with all GG&G Flip Up Front Sights.
- The MAD BUIS presents an extremely low profile when in the down position, allowing clearance for almost all optics.
- The sight stem locks in the up position with a positive mechanical detent system. In the up position, the sight cannot be folded down without depressing the spring assisted detent release button located on the left side of the sight base, eliminating the possibility of accidentally lowering the sight
- The MAD has four apertures; two of each size. (Rotating the aperture disc in either direction will bring the next size into view.)
- All apertures are on the same plane and thus zeroed to the same point of impact.
- The aperture disc is knurled for easier manipulation in combat environments.
- The MAD overhangs the rear of the receiver by 0.200-inch providing a lip, allowing the sight to be easily deployed even with a gloved hand.
- Small aperture diameter is 0.073-inch and large aperture in 0.199-inch in diameter.
- A tactile windage knob is used, with one click of the windage knob providing approximately 0.48 MOA change when mounted on the M16A2E4 rifle and about 0.65 MOA when mounted on the M4 carbine.
- The initial zero is set by adjusting the weapons front sight post.
- GG&G MAD BUIS ordering options include adding Trijicon Green Tritium night sight inserts that are factory installed.
- The MAD BUIS is compatible with Armalite AR-10 and DPMS LR series rifles.
- All hard edges have been softened and deburred and softened for the shooters safety.
- Material: The mount body is CNC manufactured from billet 6061 T6-aluminum alloy.
- Finish: All aluminum parts are Type III hard coat anodized in a non-reflective black mil-spec finish to provide combat durability.
- Finish: All steel components are manganese phosphated in a non-reflective black finish per mil-spec.
- Weight: Just over 2 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
As with all GG&G products, the workmanship and quality of materials is first rate. These sights are low profile, staying out of the way until they are needed. I put a set on both of my two new rifles. Already had a set on an existing rifle, which is why I decided to stick with these sights. The price was a good value also.
I am always pleased with BOTACH's quick service. The GG&G flip up sights are extremely well made and reasonably priced.
Gg&g best products
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.