Armasight Apollo 336 Refresh Rate 30Hz 50mm Thermal Imaging Clip-On System
- Flir Armasight
- 1.00 LBS
This product is subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR) (22CFR 120 through 130). A license or other approval is required to the ITAR prior to any Export or Temporary Import. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Armasight is excited to introduce its latest and most technologically advanced family of Apollo Thermal Imaging clip-on systems to the sporting, law enforcement and military markets. The Apollo product line developed based on the FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core and optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for a variety of users, from the committed hunter to the military designated marksman.
The Apollo is an uncooled long-wave thermal clip-on device intended to mount in front of the existing magnified day sight. The immediate advantages of this approach of converting the day scope into a thermal imaging device include no change in cheek weld, no change in trigger reach, and continued use of existing ballistic reticules in the day scope. The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Apollo. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants.
The Armasight by FLIR Apollo eliminates the traditional requirement of removing your existing day scope from your rifle, to replace it with a dedicated thermal sight (which would also involve re-zeroing). The Apollo simply mounts in front of your own standard daytime optical sight. Factory bore-sighted to tolerances of less than 1 MOA, no re-zeroing is required. The Apollo allows the user to maintain consistent eye relief and shooting position, and because the user views his own day scopes reticle (which he is familiar with), no re-training is required.
In addition to being the smallest and lightest in their class, Apollo thermal imaging clip-on systems are characterized by their simple and intuitive controls, functions, and features that are layered among direct button adjustments, direct combination button functions, and electronic menu selections. This “layering” of easy-to-understand control functions provides the operator with a framework for customizing his preferences and exploiting the robust variety of setting options available in the Apollo. The Apollo has a unique series of menu selectable temperature sensitive “scenarios” for rapid target detection, in addition to a variety of color display presentations based on a rich, upgradeable software package. A wireless remote switch is included to activate the Apollo thermal imaging clip-on system when positioned in the “standby” mode. The Apollo has the ability to record imagery and is equipped with a video-out capability in operator selectable NTSC or PAL formats. The Apollo uses the same multi-pin connector to provide video-in imagery, where there is a need for map or rangefinder display overlays, and external power access.
Apollo weapon installation is easy, repeatable, and reliable based on a unique and highly userfriendly MIL-STD-1913/Weaver/Picatinny rail compatible, quick-release locking mechanism.
Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Apollo-Pro models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Apollo-Pro models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- Simple and quick conversion of daytime scope to thermal imaging
- Mounts in front of any daytime scope, no re-zeroing required
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- User selectable NTSC or PAL format
- The latest Tau 2 17-micron uncooled FLIR core technology
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 800x600
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
– Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
– Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
– Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
– Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
– Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output /optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- Wireless remote control for tactical operations
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- MIL -STD-1913 (Picatinny Rail) Quick Release Mount
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
- Made in The USA
- Refresh Rate: 30 Hz
- Magnification (NTSC/PAL): Unity (1x)
- Objective Lens Type: Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array: FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format: 324×256
- Pixel Size: 25 µm
- Display Type: AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format: 800×600
- Display Brightness: Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max: 3 sec
- Image Palettes: White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Reticle Type: No reticle
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution): PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)
- Video Recording: Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control: Wireless
SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”: Yes
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”: Yes
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”: Yes
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC): Yes
- User Controlled Manual Non Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC): Yes
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN): Yes
- Objective Focal Length: 50 mm
- Objective F-number: 1:1
- Field of View (ang.): 11° x 9°
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 25 mm
- Focus Method: Manual
- Focusing Range: 5m to inf.
- Boresight Accuracy: Factory aligned to 1 MOA or better
- Boresight Retention: Permanent to within 2 MOA or better
- Boresight Repeatability: Within 2 MOA
- Battery: Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F): Up to 4 hr (optional up to 12 hrs)
- Extended Battery Pack: Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V) or four CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hrs)
- External Power Supply: 6 VDC/ 600mА
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -50°C to +70°C (-58°F to +158°F)
- Weapon Mount Type: Picatinny, MIL STD 1913, and Weaver Rails
- Height of the Scope Axis above Rail: 40 mm (1.57 in)
- Overall Dimensions: 217 × 70 × 80 mm (8.5 × 2.8 × 3.2 in)
- Weight (w/o Batteries): 0.7 kg (1.5 lbs)
- Warranty: 3 Year
- Warranty on FLIR Detector: 10 Years
* All data subject to change without notice.
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)