3M Peltor Comtac III Hearing Defenders w/Gel Ear Cushion
- 2.00 LBS
The 3M Peltor COMTAC family of headsets provides tactical hearing protection for today’s modern warfighter. COMTAC has been designed specifically for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. The hearing protectors feature external microphones for “talk-thru” capability so today’s warfighter can maintain situational awareness while still protecting their hearing.
- Level-dependent surround sound for “talkthru” function
- Listen-only 2-way communication available
- Adjustable sizing to fi t different users
- MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
- Level-Dependant Functionality, commonly referred to as “talk thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises.
- This is accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset.
- A microphone receives the sounds outside the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside the headset.
- The Level-Dependant digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshhold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifi es weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
- 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems.
- “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands.
- This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
EMI - MIL STD 461E
- Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment.
- RS103 requirements.
Noise Reduction Ratings (NRR)
- NRR 23dB (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP certifi ed - tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
Electronic Hearing Protection
Fast response. Great price. Have already let others know about the website!
I have no need for the mic/comm capability (as of now), so it made sense to purchase this set. I've ran a MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X headset for nearly two years, but it hasn't been exactly what I wanted. I started doubling up both ear plugs and the Sordin since I noticed I was getting the tinnitus ringing effect occasionally after a trip to the range. However with the Peltor Comtac III, I have had no issue of the sort. I dared myself into just wearing the headset, and I've got no complaints in regards to filtering of the harmful decibels. My only gripe about the design is that you have to collapse muffs completely in order to fold them. I definitely will purchase another set in the future.
Second pair Pf Peltors have owned, lost the first and would not accept any other hearing protector. Simply the best I have ever used!
Great item. Great customer service.
Excellent. Fast shipping. Top notch products.
Great product and service
Thanks a lot
An excellent set of hearing protection for the cost (when comparing to sets of the same value). Also, there aren't any reviews online about the hearing defenders so I'd like to add that they can be converted to a single comm unit. I had to find that out by asking around. Also the grey color in the picture is actually foliage green.
Was looking for good, high quality hearing protection that was easily serviceable, inexspensively converted to a protective/tactical helmet and also capable of radio communication connection. The Peltor Comtac III
filled those requirements and Botach had the best pricing that included the often times optional, at additional cost, gel ear cushions.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.