The 3M Peltor COMTAC family of headsets provides tactical hearing protection for today’s modern warfighter. COMTAC has been designed specifically for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. The hearing protectors feature external microphones for “talk-thru” capability so today’s warfighter can maintain situational awareness while still protecting their hearing.
- Level-dependent surround sound for “talkthru” function
- Listen-only 2-way communication available
- Adjustable sizing to fi t different users
- MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
- Level-Dependant Functionality, commonly referred to as “talk thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises.
- This is accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset.
- A microphone receives the sounds outside the headset and transmits them to a speaker inside the headset.
- The Level-Dependant digital audio circuit senses noise levels above the desired threshhold and compresses them to a safe decibel level or amplifi es weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
- 3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems.
- “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands.
- This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
EMI - MIL STD 461E
- Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment.
- RS103 requirements.
Noise Reduction Ratings (NRR)
- NRR 23dB (per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP certifi ed - tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
WARNING This product may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. (California law requires this warning to be given to customers in the State of California.)
Electronic Hearing Protection
Received it and works flawlessly but the volume button was crooked and took awhile to get it back into place.
Didn't come with anything but the batteries but no biggie.
By far the best ear pro I've ever had on my ears. Botach had the best price I've ever seen on these. If you can catch them for a steal again, do not hesitate to buy them. Happy I was able to get the Coyote color. Hands down the best ear pro on the market.
I feel that this is one of the best deals you can get on hearing protection. And they come with upgraded gel cups. Which make your shooting experience way more comfortable
Best price I have seen for Comtac III, ultra comfortable and sounds better than my MS Sordins.
Simply the best.
Love the Peltor comtac III, really comfortable for long days on the range and great hearing quality. The gel cups conform really well and reduce the noise perfectly.
Product exactly as described, works great!
Quick delivery. Great product.
PayPal checkout is disabled for carts that contain products with restrictions due to PayPal's acceptable use policy.
If you wish to use PayPal for part of your order please use separate shopping carts.
In an effort to be more competitive, we are moving from our free shipping policy, to a weight & destination-based shipping charge.
Until now we have been padding the sale price of our products to cover the free shipping cost. You will see overall savings when purchasing a single product but even bigger savings when purchasing multiple products at the same time. This allows us to group & ship together, eliminating excessive shipping fees. Selected marked items will still qualify for free GROUND or 2 DAY AIR shipping.
We would very like to earn your business, so you can always use the RFQ/REQUEST QUOTE for quantity orders and products protected by manufacturers MAP pricing policies.
Sales Tax Exemptions: We are required to collect sales tax on your order except for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon, & Puerto Rico. Other exemptions: Federal agencies, holders of state sale tax exemption/resale certificates & international sale.
Our ordering system will not charge sales tax for the above exempt states, but if you are tax exempt for any other reason check the NO SALES TAX box in the order form, sales tax will be removed prior to final billing.